Friday, April 16

Prayer Unconstitutional

Judge says National Day of
Prayer is unconstitutional.
Who is this lady, the judge? The national day of prayer started way back in 1775 when the continental congress asked for prayers when they were forming the government, President Truman made it legal, President Reagan made it the first Thursday in May.
Now a "ditsy," (my opinion) judge says it is unconstitutional. I don't know what her reasoning was but common sense says, she's wrong.
I have to admit the only law I studied in college was advertising law but freedom of religion is not the same as freedom from religion. In my humble opinion, I believe, back when this government was being formed, God was a given, it was the "State religion" concept the framers were trying to avoid. God and religion are 2 different things and in this country everyone is free to worship or not worship.
If you pray, feel free to pray for me, on the national day of prayer and/or any other day.

No comments:

Post a Comment