Monday, April 26

I Was Hurt By What The President Didn't Say Today

Dear Mr. President,
I am hurt, hurt not by the words you used today but by the words you didn't use... you left me out..I am a middle age white male and you asked for the help of many but forgot me. I must ask you, is there something wrong with me? Am I a second class or lower citizen because I am a middle age white male? I am so confused I thought I heard you, during your campaign say, ( tell me if I am wrong) that you were going to be a president of all the people. Because of my race am I not part of your America???? I thought we had come so very far in this country, from the days where a man or woman was judged by race and sometime by race alone. Sounded today as if I was wrong. You hurt me you made me feel as if I was not part of your America. I wonder what is going on ..........................
"

"Obama speaks with unusual demographic frankness in his appeal to "young people, African-Americans, Latinos, and women [to] stand together once again."


Woe is me!
Thank you for your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment